- My Catholic Faith. A convert to Catholicism, I have been studying Catholic teaching for more than 20 years and hold a Master’s degree in Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville.
- Technology. My undergraduate degree was in Systems Analysis from Miami University and I have spent over 15 years in the business world as a software engineer.
- Economics. I guess this is where I should mention my undergraduate concentration in Economics, but this list is starting to sound like a transcript. I’m just one of those people who’s always been interested in money and how it works. Which brings me to…
- Cryptocurrency. My fascination with technology and economics is fully realized with cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. This is an exciting field which as the potential to really revolutionize our monetary system.
- Politics. Okay, the parallelism breaks down a little bit here. I can’t say I “love” politics these days, but, yeah, I’m interested. If only for the opportunity to poke fun at the stuffed shirts.
- Baseball. Just as Theology is the Mother of the Sciences, everyone knows that Baseball is the Mother of All Sports.
I’ve written two books on Catholic subjects, a High School textbook on world religions, and a book on the digital currency Bitcoin. I have contributed regularly to OnePeterFive, OneFaith, and Bitcoin.com, and I write long-form pieces about the world of cryptocurrencies at Medium.
You can hear the story of my conversion to Catholicism in the video below. Note that I do open my eyes at least once during the interview.
In this video, I talk about the cryptocurrency Dash and its governance structure: