It’s common among Catholics to claim that libertarianism is incompatible with Catholicism. Liberal Catholics dismiss it as uncaring toward the poor and needy. Conservative Catholics would say libertarians endorse immorality like abortion and same-sex marriage. But I would argue that these criticism flow from a misunderstanding of libertarianism (and a misunderstanding of Catholicism).
Some topics covered in this podcast:
- Combatting the misunderstanding of what it means to be a libertarian
- My personal evolution from conservativism to libertarianism
- The fundamental beliefs of libertarians
- How Catholics can be libertarians
- The ignored problem of the Fed
- The Libertarian Party vs. libertarians