One of the distinct features of many practicing Catholic families is its size. In my Catholic homeschool group, our family – with five children – hovers around the median in regards to family size. But how do you know if you have a “big family?” Here is a guide to help you:
You might have a big family if…
1) You don’t park your van, you dock it.
2) When you go out for a family walk in the neighborhood, you need a traffic cop.
3) Even your parents ask you “are they all yours?”
4) The army asks for your advice about logistics regarding food distribution.
5) You have been asked hundreds of times, “don’t you know how they are made?”
6) There is nothing “mini” about your van.
7) You are constantly asked the name of the day care you run when you go out.
8) You don’t have a shoe rack in your house, but instead a shoe room.
9) You have to reserve the party room whenever you go to a restaurant.
10) You have grandchildren older than some of your own children.