This week I plan on posting some “Top 10″ lists related to my blog. I will start with a list of the Top 10 Most Popular Posts (by traffic) from 2009:
1) How many silent monks does it take to sing Handel’s Messiah? A popular YouTube video showing a high-school production of monks “singing” Handel’s Messiah with cue cards. This link must have gotten embedded in a wide-spreading email, because about a week after it was posted it started receiving hundreds of visitors per day from out of the blue.
2) Really Catholic and Uber Catholic. My tongue-in-cheek take on what makes someone “really” Catholic or “über” Catholic.
3) If you kill me, I’ll go to heaven and you’ll go to hell. A cute video about an elderly woman who brought her attacker to tears by preaching the Gospel to him.
4) Tiger Woods and Pornography. A look at the connection between Tiger’s failings and the everyday temptations we all face.
5) What would Catholic-Orthodox reunion look like? A look at two proposals which have been made regarding Catholic-Orthodox reunion.
6) Rules of Engagement for Catholics on the Internet. A list of rules I try to follow when engaged with others on the Internet.
7) Coming out of the closet. In which I divulge a deep, dark secret: I am a Harry Potter fan.
8) How could you have brought us to this insane place? The story of “Real Live Preacher” – a Baptist minister who decided to attend an Eastern Orthodox liturgy and was blown away.
9) When Mass makes you angry. A discussion of why the Liturgy is so important and what to do when its implementation makes you angry.
10) To be deep in history is to cease to be angry. In which I discuss how the more you know history, the more peaceful you become about current problems in the Church.