Here are a number of (completely unrelated) stories I found of interest:
- It looks like Connecticut is still striving for the title of “most anti-Catholic state.” Now they are harrassing the Church for having the gall to publicly question their wisdom.
- Sandro Magister reprints an interesting and informative article about Pentecost on Mount Athos, the spiritual center of Eastern Christianity.
- A former Episcopal priest, now Melkite Catholic priest, lets Fr. Cutié know what he is embracing by his entrance into the Episcopal church. And it’s not pretty.
- Dr. Scott Hahn blogs about the ending of the Year of St. Paul and the publication of his (rewritten) dissertation “Kinship by Covenant” by the very prestigous Yale University Press. (If you ever want to really understand the underpinnings of everything Dr. Hahn teaches and writes, read “Kinship by Covenant.” But don’t expect it to be easy reading full of his well-known puns – this is the serious, academic foundation of his popular works.)
- Dr. Janet Smith defends Christopher West from his critics, specifically Dr. Schindler’s criticisms.