Lent is a great time to read a book to help recharge your spiritual life. I remember 6 years ago picking up a book about St. Francis during Lent and it was transforming for me. Here are a few books I’ve read in previous Lents that I would highly recommend:
- Perfect Joy of St. Francis – Felix Timmermans
- Journey To Easter – Joseph Ratzinger (Pope Benedict XVI)
- Deep Conversion, Deep Prayer – Thomas Dubay
- Happy Are You Poor – Thomas Dubay
- Way of Perfection – St. Teresa of Avila
This year I’m returning to the St. Francis theme and reading Brother Francis of Assisi by Ignacio Larranaga.